Welcome to KnittingPony's Blog!

Lover of knitting, embroidery, crochet, sewing, afternoon tea, fashion, music and film from the 1920's to the 1940's, vintage crockery and the occasional zombie film.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Vintage Knitting Magazines

I am a very lucky knitting pony. A lovely friend sent me these vintage knitting magazines!


Stitchcraft, May 1954


There are pretty tops and beautiful twin sets:




One of my favourite things about this magazine are the adverts and problem pages. First up, don't be the odd one out, ladies!



And be sure to look after your skin and set your hair properly:


There are more photos on my Flickr page (link is to the right of this blog post) but I'll leave you with my favourite and the most random: The Owl, the Pussycat and the Monster. The what? Yes. The monster. I don't remember there being a monster!? He's cute. Bit toothy, mind. 





2 comments: