Welcome to KnittingPony's Blog!

Lover of knitting, embroidery, crochet, sewing, afternoon tea, fashion, music and film from the 1920's to the 1940's, vintage crockery and the occasional zombie film.

Sunday 17 April 2011

Knitted Royal Wedding

I have been busy working on a variety of projects over the last couple of weeks.  The most fun project is the Footman for the Royal Wedding knitted display in the lovely yarn and gift shop, Rose & Dylan in St Albans.

I finished him last night - there was lots of sewing involved and it was very interesting to knit something like this and understand the construction of the project, since I'd usually crochet (amigurumi) people/animals. 

 Here he is with his very neat hairstyle:


Above is the book, in case you haven't a clue what I'm talking about!

In other knitting news, I am just finishing up these lovely vintage-inspired fairisle wrist warmers, just in time for the wrong time of year. I'll pack them away for the autumn. 

Designed by KnittingPony
 I'll leave you with an picture of some tulips, which last a lot longer than daffodils. Love springtime flowers! Oh, and some knitted corgis, although I'm not sure why the knitted Queen looks like she's doing a jig.




 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the Footman, he is really cute! it looks like a great book!
    Love the wrist warmers too, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! I have lots of un-seasonal wristwarmer knitting urges. Very unpractical!

    ReplyDelete